Run Dreamweaver 8 on Windows 7
My favourite code editor is Macromedia (not Adobe!) Dreamweaver 8 – it has coloured syntax highlighting, FTP, code hints, and an incredibly powerful search function (I especially like the ability to perform a search and replace on an entire local directory). I’ve recently switched to Windows 7 64 bit on my main desktop, and have found a simple solution to stop the random crashes that occur with Dreamweaver 8 on Windows 7.
- Get the 8.0.2 update from Adobe here. <<< Link updated!
- Unzip it, preferably to somewhere that you can navigate to easily via a command prompt.
- Type “cmd” (without quotes) into the Start Menu search bar, do NOT press enter, then right click on the cmd.exe icon and select “Run as administrator”.
- Navigate to the directory where you extracted the update, and type this:
msiexec /update patchpackage.msp
- Press enter, and follow the update prompts.
- You are now running Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0.2, hopefully without the random crashes.